Losing weight and keeping it off without strenuous exercising doesn’t have to be hard work. Fitness experts agree that weight loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise. Weight loss is like economics: you’ve got expenses, income, supply and demand. If you make a lot of money and don’t invest it, abundance produces waste. If you have more expenses than income, eventually you go broke. Same with diets: if you eat too much of the bad foods, your body will sooner or later demand less and less of it; but if you keep supplying it with excess, you’ll get fat and sick. When you eat more healthy foods, supplying the body with good nutrition, the demand for junk food gradually decreases: the quality of life improves when you have more of the good and less of the bad.
So, I’ve made a list of 20 common-sense steps that will help anyone lose 15-20lbs without going to a gym. If you do go to a gym regularly, this will speed up the process for toning the body for a more pleasing and appealing presentation of self. But remember, that’s not always the primary goal of losing weight. Here’s a list to start:
1. No processed food. Read labels.
2. No salt or low salt. At least don't add salt.
3. Drink 3-4 bottles of water everyday, at least.
4. Eat more protein portions than carbohydrate portions.
5. Eat smaller portions more often.
6. Sleep at least 6 hours a night.
7. Eat more fruits and veggies, less wheat.
8. Reduce consumption of red meat.
9. Eat organic, free-range poultry.
10. Cut out sugar products.
11. Eat less dairy.
12. Eat more raw nuts, unsalted.
13. No fast food, junk food or sodas.
14. No alcohol, cigarettes or recreational drugs.
15. Eat more sustainable fish and sea foods.
16. Eat at home, not in restaurants.
17. Eat healthy fats, not grease.
18. Eat your last meal at least 5 hours before sleep.
19. Steam and bake more, cook and fry less.
20. Walk 1-2 miles everyday.