Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Worldview: Where Did It Come From?



When I was growing up in Las Vegas, Nevada, I was lucky to mix it up with a variety of social groups contributing to my education as a young musician: celebrities, residents of trailer parks (where my family lived off-and-on), minorities, blue-collar workers, tourists, black entertainers, drug users and their dealers, alcoholics, jazz fans, members of religions and various bigots, new-age intellectuals, scientists, Zen Buddhists, atheists, composers and free-thinkers who offered me lurid temptations from the illicit and deviant side of life. Experiences with these groups, each with their own moral code (or absence) accounts for my open-minded worldview and laissez-faire tolerance I developed later in life. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.